Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:53:04 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Nocturne <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About making iso file.

On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 05:22:29PM -0800, Nocturne wrote:

> (Of course if you don't run Windoze you don't have to worry about it.)

Then let's not, please.

People who post these sorts of warnings to any FreeBSD list are usually
slapped on the wrist and told to post to freebsd-security or not at all.
(If you're networked it's a real good idea to lurk on -security if you
can stand a little more mail traffic)

People are also slapped on the wrist for posting to two lists without
good cause, for giving or asking advice for other operating systems
(though that's been tolerated in -newbies if it's necessary during the
transition towards FreeBSD), for straying from the list charter, and
also for posting followups to messages that shouldn't have been posted
to the list in the first place (kinda like I'm doing now).

I'm not doing any slapping here, but just letting you all know so you
don't embarrass yourselves in the other lists.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-