Date:      Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:25:03 -0800
From:      Paul Emerson <paul@gta.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Libretto 50 - US Version and PAO

I've recently obtained a Toshiba Libretto 50 (English version).  I was
quite intrested in running FreeBSD on this tiny computer since its been run
on the earlier versions of the Libretto.  I've install FreeBSD on many
different systems, so I am quite familar with the installation process.
I've tried to perform the PAO install from the PAO boot floppy, but I am
getting some strange errors and have been unable to perform an install in
this manner.

I've tried using a 3c589 and a SCSI PC Card (aic0) but both devices have
problems.  On other notebook computers these two exact cards operate
correctly.  When I configure the kernel and remove the conflicts then move
on to the installation process, the devices are not available to the
install.  Flipping over to a virtual console I see IRQ 10 (which indicated
no conflicts), assigned to the 3c589 has problems (messages "ep0 failed to
come up").  The same type of problem occurs with aic0, the scsi bus never
seems to settle.

Questions.

1. Has anyone installed FreeBSD (PAO 2.2.2) on a English version Libretto 50?
2. Are there any known problems with this version of the Libretto?
3. Is it possible that my L50 has some problem specific to it? (I have used
all these cards with Win95 just fine).

Thanks

Paul
Paul Emerson