Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:13:06 -0700
From:      Derek at CD Baby <derek@cdbaby.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree 4.3 - did AntiAliasing change?

Has anyone got anti-aliased fonts to work in FreeBSD 4.8?

In XFree 4.2, I would add my AntiAliased font directories to this file:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig
... and everything was fine.

Now that file doesn't exist, and I can't get fonts to anti-alias, even if I
create that file and put the font directories there like I used to?

Did something change in XFree 4.3 in FreeBSD 4.8?

Are we supposed to use /usr/X11R6/etc/fonts/fonts.conf?

(Is someone going to update HANDBOOK chapter 5.5.3 Anti-Aliased Fonts, if so?