Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 17:53:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        warhound@netcom.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2 Snap and PPP problem...

warhound@netcom.ca wrote...

>         I have setup the kernel for both pppd and the regular ppp and
> everything works fine as far as connecting to the isp.  But for some reason
> it is unable to ping/ftp/telnet out of the box.  Now when i do an netstat
> -nr it shows this:
>
> 127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1
> 165.236.12.67   199.211.73.88 <dynamic>         Plus the rest...
> 199.211.73.88   127.0.0.1

I don't see a default route here...  Did you elide it from the list,
or was it not there?

The absence of a default route will cause all the problems you are
experiencing.

I did experience a problem with the user-mode ppp program not setting the
default route correctly - but it went away in 2.2-960612-SNAP.

John

--
Well, that's like hypnotizing chickens.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key