Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:53:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where R the Floppy images for 4.0 Stable?

I would suggest that you not bother reinstalling.  Just setup your three
supfiles: stable-supfile, doc-supfile, ports-supfile, and your refuse
file.  All these files can be found in /usr/share/examples/cvsup.  The
refuse file goes in /usr/sup.  If you don't have a /usr/sup, then make
one.  Then install the package, cvsup-bin-16.1, and cvsup the source tree.
Then configure the /etc/make.conf file, examples for it are in
/etc/defaults/make.conf.  Now just follow the directions for make
buildworld and make installworld in the /usr/src/UPDATING file that you
grabbed via cvsup.  Then rebuild your kernel, and run mergemaster to get
your config files correct.  Lastly, run make update in /usr/ports to
update your ports tree.  And, if you have installed the doc directory, do
the same in there.

I would suggest this as the best way to go to 4.x-STABLE.  Don't
reinstall, since you will eventually have to learn how to go through this
process anyway.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/