Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:28:45 +0000
From:      Geoff Buckingham <geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   sdh PCI SD driver use in RELENG_7?

I have been trying to get the sdh driver working in RELENG_7.

I have found the original driver doesn't compile.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2007-February/009508.html

However some use of google found updated versions of sdh.c sdhreg.h and sdhvar.h at:

http://phk.freebsd.dk/patch/

These allow me to compile a module, that attaches:

sdh0@pci0:3:1:1:        class=0x080501 card=0x01bd1028 chip=0x08221180 rev=0x19 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Ricoh Company, Ltd.'
    device     = 'R5C832, R5C843 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller'
    class      = base peripheral

and gives me a slow, but working /dev/mmcsd0.

I have found no explanation of the phk hosted versions, however a diff of sdh.c showed
they addressed the first compile error I was getting with the original version. So I
used them and it seems to work.

Is there a more up to date version I should be using?