Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 10:18:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        br@netland.sub.de (Bernd Rosauer)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tex package

> Hmm, I subscribed to this list two weeks ago -- after Thomas Gellekum
> finally committed my port of the teTeX distribution to FreeBSD's
> CVS tree -- but I haven't been able to skim through the postings
> before now.
>
> May I ask you what the fuzz on TeX packages is about?  Maybe I can
> prevent someone from reinventing the wheel...

I grabbed a binary dist from sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
which was (as it is with binary dists) a bit sparse on
documentation. So I tried out the texconfig prgramm which failed.

Later I heard that it requires some env variable to be set to run in
an xterm.

Meanwhile Thomas did the port and I believe there is no need in
further support.

Thank you.