Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 08:46:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Jared Agnew" <jagnew@csugrad.cs.vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compile errors???

  I'm currently running snapshot 050196,  I would like to upgrade to 2.1.5-RELEASE.  I
have down-loaded all the source, and first tried to make a new kernel.  The errors I get
are the errors having to do with line 82 of the param.c file.  I realize that I may
be getting these errors because the distribution I have on my machine is pre 2.1.5-
RELEASE, however I'm also unable to do a make world.  If nobody can answer this question
I will post the error I get when I do a make world. ( I would do it now, but I don't
have them ;)  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

---  Jared
--jared@vt.edu

BTW: my config file is fine, a friend of mine compiled with it fine.  I included it
     for all you sceptics out there. ;)

: param.c:82: `TIMEZONE' undeclared here (not in a function)
: param.c:82: initializer element for `tz.tz_minuteswest' is not constant
: param.c:82: `DST' undeclared here (not in a function)
: param.c:82: initializer element for `tz.tz_dsttime' is not constant
: *** Error code 1

: machine         "i386"
: cpu             "I586_CPU"
: ident           HJAKERNEL
: maxusers        10

: options         INET                    #InterNETworking
: options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
: options         NFS                     #Network Filesystem
: options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
: options         "CD9660"                #ISO 9660 Filesystem
: options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
: options         "COMPAT_43"             #Compatible with BSD 4.3
: #options        "SCSI_DELAY=15"         #Be pessimistic about Joe SCSI device
: options         BOUNCE_BUFFERS          #include support for DMA bounce buffers
: options         UCONSOLE                #Allow users to grab the console

: options         SYSVSHM
: options         SYSVSEM
: options         SYSVMSG

: config          kernel  root on wd0

: controller      isa0
: controller      eisa0
: controller      pci0

: controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
: disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0

: controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
: disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0

: controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
: options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
: device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

: controller      aha0    at isa? port "IO_AHA0" bio irq ? drq 6 vector ahaintr

: controller      scbus0
: device          sd0
: device          st0
: device          cd0     #Only need one of these, the code dynamically grows

: # syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
: device          sc0     at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
: # Enable this and PCVT_FREEBSD for pcvt vt220 compatible console driver
: #device         vt0     at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector pcrint
: #options                "PCVT_FREEBSD=210"      # pcvt running on FreeBSD 2.1
: options         XSERVER                 # include code for XFree86
: # If you have a ThinkPAD, uncomment this along with the rest of the PCVT lines
: #options                PCVT_SCANSET=2          # IBM keyboards are non-std

: # Mandatory, don't remove
: device          npx0    at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

: #
: # Laptop support (see LINT for more options)
: #
: #device         apm0    at isa?         # Advanced Power Management
: #options                APM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK    # Workaround some buggy APM BIOS

: device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
: device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
: device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
: device          psm0    at isa? disable port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vecto
: r psmintr

: controller      snd0
: device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
: device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
: device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330

: # Order is important here due to intrusive probes, do *not* alphabetize
: # this list of network interfaces until the probes have been fixed.
: # Right now it appears that the ie0 must be probed before ep0. See
: # revision 1.20 of this file.
: device ep0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 vector epintr
:
: pseudo-device   loop
: pseudo-device   ether
: pseudo-device   log
: pseudo-device   sl      1
: # ijppp uses tun instead of ppp device
: pseudo-device   ppp     2
: pseudo-device   tun     2
: pseudo-device   pty     16
: pseudo-device   bpfilter 4
: pseudo-device   snp     4
: pseudo-device   gzip            # Exec gzipped a.out's

----- End of forwarded message from H. Jared Agnew -----