Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 07:48:43 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net>
To:        dgason <dgason@mindspring.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 ports problem

On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 07:56:39AM -0500, dgason wrote:
>     "/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2: could not find
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk"

>     Since this is happening for more than one port, I assume that there is
> something on my system that needs to be configured. I just don't know what
> it is.

The 30upgrade is so you can use updated ports on 3.0-RELEASE.  You
cannot use the ports from 3.0 with 30upgrade [most will probably work,
but you need the contents of /usr/ports/Mk/ available, as you noticed].
You can either re-install the /usr/share files, or update your ports
tree (/usr/ports/*) to the latest collection.

To update the ports collection, you need
 1) cvsup [from ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CVSup/ ]
 2) run cvsup to update your ports tree
    (see /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile)

--
Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net> / Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
"Americans are sensitive about their money, and since this was the first major