Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:16:57 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, committers@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Guidelines for new port version variables

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 12:09:55PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> Please update doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/porters-handbook/ so we can find
> the new policy.

David, please stop whining that you didn't have time to read the
proposal or make your objections/suggestions in time for its adoption.
Just because it's not written down doesn't mean it isn't a rule.  If
Satoshi puts it in bsd.port.mk, it is a rule.

I would not object to your lame objections if the rule was more than a
month to 6 weeks old.  But c'mon now, we're programmers, not doc-boiis.
Let's be a little more reasonable here, especially with a rule that
makes perfect sense to the vast majority of the folks following it.

Thanks,

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> - Physics Computer Network wench
The Universal Answer to All Problems - "It has something to do with physics."