Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:39:25 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCHED_ULE oddities

Hi

Just for fun I tried out SCHED_ULE once again, using todays source.
What I got was really odd situation that my newly installed kernel
(and modules) didn't find the way to disk and loader complained
about missing kernel on next boot. The /boot/kernel directory was
simply missing and / filesystem dirty. Smells very similar to the
problems with unclean shutdown (buffers not written out to disk)
circulating in -current recently, but as I didn't have the serial
console open while booting, can't say for sure.
For the curious the procedure was as follows:
checkout new sources
buildworld/installworld
build new kernel/install new kernel
immediately do shutdown -r now
repeat the last two steps as long as you wish or until the problem \
appears
--

Vallo Kallaste