Date:      Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:14:14 -0700
From:      Earsh Nandkeshwar <earsh@apple.com>
To:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   vnode locking for nfs

I was looking thru a snapshot of the freebsd code after hearing rumors
that vnode locking for NFS existed. I can't seem to locate it and wanted
to know if it has been implemented. This is not the same as lockd, but a
lock to protect fields in vnode.

I see rslock was implemented to handle a particular case.

If someone could inform me on why nfs_lock was defined out of the
source, that would be great. Was it implemented a long time ago, had
trouble, and pulled out. Or was it more like "work in progress" and code
left around but not used.

Thanks,
earsh
(file system group, Apple)