Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:07:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@speakeasy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   apache permissions

I installed apache 1.3 not long ago from ports and I have it
configured for default settings.  It runs fine, but I'm annoyed by the
fact that I need to su to root every time I need to change something, like
editing an html document in the data directory.
Should I create a new group for all things apache and add myself to it so
that I don't have to be root to work on my website?  Any suggestions?