Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 1998 11:59:48 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wpeters@xylan.com>
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, larry@marso.com
Subject:   Re: CD-Recordable devices

Wes Peters wrote:
% I've looked in the handbook, looked in the release notes, and looked in
% the DESCR of the cdrecord package, and still have the following question:
%
% Can anybody point me to a CD-Writer, SCSI or IDE, that will work with
% cdrecord, either the 1.6 version shipped with 2.2.7 or the 1.6.1
% version shipped with 3.0.  The model numbers mentioned in the cdrecord
% documentation, such as Yamaha CDR-100 and CDR-102, don't seem to exist
% anymore.  ;^)

Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com> replied:
> The consensus seems to be to go SCSI.  I use a Ricoh 6200S, as do many
> others.  Most SCSI drives that are mmc compliant seem to work.  Friends
> of mine use the Yamaha CRW4260.

Larry S. Marso <larry@marso.com> opined:
} Yamaha 4260 scsi.

And the winner is: Yamaha CRW4260 SCSI; it was ordered this morning.
Thanks for your help, gentlemen.

I've cc'd this to freebsd-questions for posterity.  ;^)

--
Wes Peters                                          Who's going to save you
Principal Engineer                                   When you're a slave to