Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 11:14:29 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        obrien@nuxi.ucdavis.edu, Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS thoughts

On Sat, Dec 26, 1998 at 11:18:55PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > > returning the wrong IP in a packet.  Also, I thought the
> > > "noconn" option was the work-around for this problem.
> >
> > intereting - since all my recent machines shows the following when amd
> > is nfs-mounting: Dec  9 07:40:34 cicely5 amd[940]: noconn option
> > exists, and was turned OFF! (May cause NFS hangs on some systems...)
> >
> > Where can I place this option?
> > Can't find it in any manpage.
>
> UTSL :-)
>
> It is addressed in the Amd souce in some comments I can't quite
> understand what they are saying.  So I left it alone with I imported the
> new Amd.  I really need to email the Amd people to understand just what
> they were getting at.  In their code the Amd people tend to lump all the
> BSDs together (including 4.4BSD proper).  So I'm not sure what they think
> applys to us and what to the other BSD groups.
It was mentioned in the amd docs.
With some tampering I finaly got the right parameters:
X11R6           host!=cicely7;type:=nfs;rhost:=10.1.6.9;rfs:=/var/d1/X11R6;opts:=nfsv2,noconn \
                host==cicely7;type:=link;fs:=/var/d1/X11R6

It's simply an option to the nfs mounts.

It seemed to help in one case client and server are about 2.2.6.
The server is multihomed.

I another scene:
Client is multihomed and current of about 29.Aug
Server is current of about 6.Dec
amd on Client still hangs.

I don't know if it's the version or because in one case the server and in the other
the client is multihomed.

--
  B.Walter