Date:      21 May 2002 23:39:32 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Jeff Jirsa <jeff@boris.st.hmc.edu>
Cc:        Joe Sotham <joe@sotham.com>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Install / Configure apache+MySQL+PHP on FreeBSD

--=-X6WI0OF+1a+MTr4g2QWW

Hi All,
   Thank you all for the information. I went through the installation /
configuration of all three (apache-1.3.24; PHP4 & MySQL) today at work
with the assistance of the document mentioned below with great success.
Not only in terms of completing the install /  configs, but to get a
better appreciation of how (and why) their respective configure scripts
integrate with each other to form the basis of web-based solutions.

In fact, I went a bit further and included some other modules (OpenSSL /
modSSL/XML) as it were.

Thanks again for the information. One thing though. If one already has a
previously configured apache running, would I need to un-install the
first version in order to install apache with other mods?

Thanks again.

Stacey

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 19:19, Jeff Jirsa wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On Mon, 20 May 2002, Joe Sotham wrote:
>=20
> > S. Roberts writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > From the little I know of apache, and mysql I seem to recall that the=
re
> > > is a sequence of procedures in terms of configuring various modules f=
or
> > > each of them.
> > >
> > > Could someone point me to a straight-forward tutorial / documentation=
 on
> > > iitial install / configuration for each or the above, please?
> > >

> > Here's a good link which I used as a framework for the installs
> >
> > http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/SoothinglySeamless/page1.html
> >
> > also search google there are a dozen different references, mini-howto s=
ites
>=20
> And, for what its worth, the maintainers of the ports have done a
> great job automating this process. Try installing the apache13, mod_php4,
> mysql-client323, and mysql-server323 ports.
>=20
> - Jeff Jirsa
>=20
>=20
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer