Date:      27 Mar 2001 18:54:02 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The right way to burn CDs ?

>>>>> "Glenn" == Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov> writes:

Glenn> There are some CD-RW drives that do not work.  Mine does not.

For one time, i'm on the lucky side: mine works fine ;-)

Glenn> My drive works fine with Linux (ide-scsi module)
Glenn> and I would bet that yours would too.

It would be interesting to know if it works also on other BSD with
SCSI emulation layer (I think OpenBSD has such a layer).

Glenn> If it is then there are a lot of people with "crappy" CDR-RW
Glenn> ATAPI drives that are not too crappy to work under Linux.

I don't know if ide-scsi would solve your problem but, for sure, it
would permit to use well known Unix burning tools and GUI. I think
it's a pity to not be able to use them with FreeBSD but, hum, i'm not
the one who write the code, so i only give my wishes ;-)
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1289076381 secondes.