Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 22:04:24 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>, jebudas@plato.virgil.net, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: copying directories with ftp

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> Once Nadav Eiron wrote:
> >
> > Brian William Francis Tobin XXIX wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello and Thank you.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to copy an entire directory when I use ftp?
> > >
> > > I tried mput -r (like cp -r) but it didn't work.
> > >
> > > Gratefully,
> > > Brian WF Tobin
> >
> > As many said before, with a properly configured server, you can get
> > dir.tar.gz. However, for other cases, I find wget (in the ports) a
> very
> > find tool (my main use for it is to mirror SNAPs locally...). It
> lets
> > you download (with command line switches - it's not interactive)
> > hierarchies of ftp or http files. A very powerful and reliable
> little
> > tool IMHO.
> >
> > Nadav
> >
> Do you see what he asks? He asks is it possible to PUT (not get)
> an entire directory?

In case I missed the previous postings, start ftp with 'ftp -i',then do
'mput *'
After first turning on
'binary' and 'hash' so you can see what's happening.

bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Books-New & Secondhand  Support Whirled Peas.

Agents for CIBTC. Associate of Amazon.com, and Partner Program with iBS.

Books about China, books from China.         Sheng huo jiu shi dou zheng

Business Links in Dalian, and Beijing.          Building the China Trade