Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:28:19 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Building the documentation from source...

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 10:04:31AM -0400, Christopher Michaels wrote:
> Hi,
> Can someone point me to a resource to update my documentation.  I am
> currently grabbing the cvs tree via cvsup and have the "source" for the
> docs.  The few times I tried to make it I had no success at all.  I was
> hoping someone could point me to a handbook, faq, etc... that I may have
> overlooked on how to build the docs.

In the same boat as me then :-). I got the FAQ to build using the
old LinuxDoc format but they've just moved it over to DocBook format
and I can't get that to build.

To build the LinuxDoc stuf you need to install sgmlformat-1.7 which
requires docbook-3.0, jade-1.2.1, linuxdoc-1.1.

I'm going to have another play with it tonight. If I get anywhere
I'll let you know.

> Thanks
> Chris

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.