Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:17:40 +0200
From:      Jim Segrave <jes@jes-2.demon.nl>
To:        Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@express.ru>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SONY VAIO PCG-Z1AW - any reports ?

On Mon 16 Aug 2004 (15:15 +0000), Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:

> Hi
>
> Anybody can share recent experience of running  FreeBSD 5.x on VAIO
> Z1AW ?

Not quite the same - I have a VAIO ZX1 SMP, running 5.2 current from June

> What works and what does not work ?
>
> boot/cdrw/dvd

Boots from CD, don't have a bootable DVD to try
Writes CDs, reads CDs,l DVDs

> ACPI (available modes, lid control, acpi buttons, reporting) or APM

Most seems to work, lid control isn't working for me, but I've put no
effort into it. APM works fine

> X11 (DRI ?)

X11 runs in 1400x1050, 24 bit colour. I can't get DRI to work in this
resolution, as it says it wants more video RAM than is provided

> Ethernet adapter (fxp ?)

fxp, works fine

> WiFi (freebsd native driver / ipw or ndis - any success ?)

I'm running mine using the NDIS with the drivers which came with the
XP install

> USB (does USB 1.x works, USB 2.0 works ?)

Only tried with a digital camera, works fine (Sony Cybershot given
away with the purchase)

> Bluetooth (on USB bus, what chip ?)

Not tried
> IEEE 1394 (aka i.Link)
Not tried
> pccard slot (any issues ?)
Not tried
> Sound (what chip, is it works ?, any porblems)

pcm compiled in kernel, reports
pcm0: <Intel ICH4 (82801DB)> port 0x18c0-0x18ff,0x1c00-0x1cff mem
0xd0000800-0xd

sound seems fine

> Memory stick seen ? (as ATA device or as USB umass device ?)

Yes - works fine, I believe its umass

--
Jim Segrave           jes@jes-2.demon.nl