Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:39:43 +0800
From:      EdwardKing <zhangsc@neusoft.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to visit U disk?

I plug USB and FressBSD shows:
$umass0: <vendor 0x0c45 USB Mass Storage Device, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2> on uhub0
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <USB NAND FLASH DISK 0.20> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0:1.000MB/s transfers
da0:125MB (256000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 125C)
uhub2:<vendor 0x0e0f VMware Virtual USB Hub, class 9/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 3> on uhub0

Then I use dmesg:
$dmesg | grep ^da
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0:<USB NAND FLASH DISK 0.20> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0:1.000MB/s transfers
da0:125MB (256000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 125C)

$mount -t msdosfs dev/da0s1c /mnt
mount_msdosfs: /dev/da0s1c: Operation not permitted

$mount -t msdosfs dev/da0 /mnt
mount_msdosfs: /dev/da0: Operation not permitted

Where wrong of visiting USB?

Thanks