Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:45:34 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP doesn't work without ACPI?

--------------enig8F8234672A03DFFCE0DF29BB

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Continuing my problems with the IBM blade: Booting with ACPI module
> enabled (btw. live boot CD with sysinstall doesn't load ACPI, but the
> installed system does?) hangs the system somewhere after first USB bus
> is found (booting verbose doesn't show any new lines before or after
> this step). It appears to be a real hang instead of a timeout because I=

> left it 30 minutes and it didn't continue.

I've managed to narrow it down. I went on to try 7-CURRENT but
accidentally booted the i386 version, which booted without a glitch and
recognized all processors, then switched to amd64 version which hanged
with or without ACPI, at different places.

Since I need it in production, I'll try i386 6.2-release+PAE...