Date:      Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:27:20 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, sergei@gnezdov.net
Subject:   Re: cvs as port's download source

On Thursday 24 March 2005 10:40 pm, Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does it make sense to create a FreeBSD port with download location
> beeing CVS tree at some particular day?

I have a local mirror and just comment out the cronjob while I want to
update everything. The ports really don't change that much but when a
major upgrade such as gnome or KDE is going on, you want all of your
systems to be running the same set. Once I have packages, I turn the
cronjob back on. Otherwise, you may find a P-II 350 rebilding something
very time consuming :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart