Date:      Mon, 09 Jan 1995 04:00:49 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Status of DOC Project

Ok, thanks to all who responded!  So far, the DOC project seems to be
a very popular idea, and there have already been some 12 serious
applicants, all evidently keen to pitch in and help get the FreeBSD
docs in better shape!

So far, the FreeBSD docs group is looking like:

Main contributors:

John Fieber
James Robinson
Gary Clark, II.
Myself.

Volunteers:

Glen Foster
Steve Passe
Jeff Aitken
Clay D. Hopperdietzel
Guy Helmer
Joe Grosch
Jaye Mathisen
Wilko Bulte
Ben Singer

>From the group of main contributors or volunteers we still need a
`Docmeister' to oversee efforts in general and reap the kudos or jeers
that will go with the success or failure of FreeBSD's documentation
project.  This will not be an easy job, and much of the time it will
seem rather thankless, but it's *vital* that someone highly motivated
and with proven skills _own_ this as a personal task or it just won't
get done very quickly, if at all! :-(

We're still taking applications for the job, folks! :-) Send your
comments to core@freebsd.org.  Thanks!  Initial response has been
very positive - let's see if we can't make it all come together!

					Jordan