Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:48:08 +0000
From:      ZeuZ Diavolo Deimos <zeuz_netraptor@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HP Pavilion dv2000 ACPI Problems

Well=2C recently I moved in full time to fBSD.
I had problems installing the stable and current versions until one of the =
latest snapshots.
Now My system boots up=2C and works "partially fine"
it tends to over-heat even when powerd is set to minimum energy cost.
I=B4ve loaded all the ACPI modules (even the one for ASUS=2C even now I=B4v=
e got it blacklisted because it caused system instability)
The resume-suspend events do not work either.
There=B4s also another weird thing=2C my processor wasnt able to set the fr=
ecuency lower than 800mhz (Turion 64x2 TL-52) and the Gnome applet reports =
most of the time lower spuns(like 100mhz-500mhz).
Also=2C the disk tends to do some weird noises only while in fBSD.
Performance is bad overall too.
I=B4m using i386 version of 7.0-STABLE-200807 with the GENERIC kernel.
Also=2C and another thing I wanted to talk about is b43/bcm43xx driver port=
ability from Linux to BSD=2C since I=B4ve got to check that NetBSD and Open=
BSD have support for that card=2C still it=B4s not work-able in freeBSD=2C =
unless you use the evil project (ndis*) wich makes the system unstable=2C a=
nd in my particular case=2C it doesn=B4t work at all.

Any help/contribution is welcome=2C I stand by to see and hear about what f=
urther data should I bring in.

Cheers.

Debian Style
-.ZeuZ.-

Descarg=E1 GRATIS el poder del nuevo Internet Explorer 7.
http://optimized.msn.com/Default.aspx?mkt=3Des-ar=