Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:10:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jeffers@redrose.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOOM fans -This is what you want....

 >  Download 'lxdoom' using the info given below. This is a Linux port
 >  that runs perfectly using the linux emulator under FreeBSD
 >  2.2.7-RELEASE, using X-Windows. You can play any game including PWADS, total
 >  conversions, Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, whatever. Enjoy!

You can also take the sources of doom and compile them on FreeBSD to
have a native version :-) Even the sound server sources are available
somewhere.
I was able to play Ultimate Doom with a 100% FreeBSD version (since
then I switched to a TrueColor X server and can't play it anymore :-()

Jean-Marc

--
 Jean-Marc Zucconi                    PGP Key: finger jmz@FreeBSD.ORG