Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:46:36 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: WITHOUT_GAMES=true and /usr/games

Alexander Best escribió:
> hi there,
>
> any reason installworld creates the games dir in /usr even though
> /etc/src.conf states WITHOUT_GAMES=true. if nothing get's installed into the
> dir buildworld might just as well not create it. or am i wrong?

My assumption is that the games directory is created by mtree just like
the majority of directories we create during installworld. I think there
aren't any customizations for mtree calls, it would be complicated and
each make variable would be checked in a lot of places while there's no
good reason for this, those empty directories make no harm.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor@FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor@kovesdan.org