Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:30:58 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
Cc:        Steve Frank <sfnk@ix.netcom.com>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CMedia CMI8738 problem

John Utz:
 |if you refer to his dmesg output in steve's original post, you will notice
 |that his 3com isa card already owns irq11, the next line shows the CMI
 |chip trying to exist at irq11 and then failing because irq11 is already
 |assigned.

I'm missing something here.  In the copy of his message I got, these are
the only references to IRQ 11 that I found:

  sio0: <3COM PCI FaxModem> port 0xe400-0xe407 irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci0
  pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> port 0xe800-0xe8ff irq 11 at device 15.0 on pci0

Both appear to be PCI devices.  Did I miss something?

Randall

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb@nc.rr.com