Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:30:27 +0100
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Bill Grunfelder <wjgrun@cyberwar.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mirroring FreeBSD CVS Repository

On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 02:31:08PM -0400, Bill Grunfelder wrote:
> Is there any documentation available (or if not, would anyone be willing to
> provide information) on mirroring the FreeBSD CVS repository.  I am looking
> to setup a local CVS server...

pkg/DESCR from ports/net/cvsup-mirror says

    This is the CVSup Mirror Kit, an easy way to set up a FreeBSD mirror
    site.  When you type "make", it asks you a few questions about
    which files you want to mirror, where you want to put them on your
    disks, where you want to update them from, etc.  After a "make
    install" your system will then be running as a nearly self-maintaining
    FreeBSD mirror site.  It will even update its own configuration
    files from the master site automatically.

    This kit is not for people who just want to keep their own files
    up to date with CVSup.  It is for people who wish to run servers
    that distribute the FreeBSD sources to others.

    This port requires CVSup version 15.3 or later.

    jdp@FreeBSD.org

--+==[ Nik Clayton becomes Just Another Perl Contractor in 17 days. ]==+--
                      She's still dead. Deal with it.