Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:54:21 +0100
From:      Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 123399 for review

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 July 2007, Rui Paulo wrote:
>> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>> Remove all USB device drivers from your kernel config file, except
>>> "device ugen". All your USB devices should show up like "ugenX" devices.
>>> Then install "/usr/ports/sysutils/udesc_dump" and run this command on all
>>> /dev/ugenX instances. Redirect the contents to a set of files and upload
>>> them somewhere. I want to have a look at the descriptors. Maybe there is
>>> a USB descriptor that you can detect, that makes a keyboard an Apple
>>> keyboard. That will be more generic than adding these quirks!
>> The output of udesc_dump is attached. ugen3 is what you really wanted to
>> take a look.
>>

> Yes, there it is.
>
> I suggest you do the following.
>
> Try to cat the various interrupt endpoints, for example /dev/ugen3.X and see
> if you get anything.
>
> Really, I think that FreeBSD 7-current should be able to handle more than one
> inputdevice!

I think there's a communication problem here. I didn't say that there
was something broken WRT handling multiple devices. That works just
fine. The problem is about this specific device. For some reason yet to
be found, running moused on this device and then making it detach (via
HID to HCI) makes it impossible to interact with X11 using any other
pointer device (internal USB touchpad, external mouse, etc.). The device
in fact is not a real mouse, but a Bluetooth controller in HID mode.

Either way, I'll see what I can do to fix this.

Regards.
--
Rui Paulo