Date:      Sat, 06 Jul 2002 01:00:37 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: importing readlink(1) from OpenBSD

Johan Karlsson wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 19:43 (+0200) +0000, Johan Karlsson wrote:
> > I would like to import readlink(1) from OpenBSD into
> > usr.bin.
>
> Another option is to teach stat(1) how to double as readlink(1)
> (suggested by wollman).
>
> The attached patch does that (it does not implement -f since
> realpath(1) does that).
>
> Is that a better option?

FWIW, the current maintainer of stat(1) at netbsd (where I imported our
code from) has indicated that he's very interested in any work we do.
You might want to run this by him first both to share the wealth, and
also to help keep things in synch.

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/basesrc/usr.bin/stat/

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?