Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:54:42 +0100
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@cuivre.fr.eu.org>
To:        Bruce Montague <brucem@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ohphone, snd_pcm/snd_ich, 5.0-current*

Le 2001-12-17, Bruce Montague écrivait :

> Ohphone sounds like its trying to play 8-bit samples with the
> driver set to 16-bit, or with completely different formats...

Bruce,

I have exactly the same problem here on a Intel 82801AA (ICH)
(Dell Optiplex GX200). The problem you are seeing with wavrec
is probably related: although wavrec requests the device to
switch to mono, it still gets stereo data. I have opened a PR
on that issue: kern/33707.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG