Date:      Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:46:48 +0100
From:      Phil Brennan <phil.brennan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating from 5.2.1 to RELENG_5

On Apr 1, 2005 12:49 PM, Joan Picanyol i Puig
<lists-freebsd-stable@biaix.org> wrote:
> * Phil Brennan <phil.brennan@gmail.com> [20050401 12:19]:
> > Will it be ok just to cvsup, rebuild kernel and world, mergemaster,
> > (etc) like any normal update? Or do I have to do a reinstall?
>
> Read UPDATING (all of it).
> Read UPDATING (all of it).

Yes, I always read it.

> Did you notice the 20041001 entry? You should be able to use libmap.conf
> to work around it until you recompile all your ports.

Yes, it referrs to compat4x libraries. Not an issue for me, since I'm
upgrading from 5.2.1 to RELENG_5.
Regarding libmap, yes I have used it before. Basically, I'm looking
for advice from people who have done this particular upgrade. Its an
upgrade that should be straightforward. I was only wondering if there
were any extra little gotchas that I should consider.
Thanks for all the replies so far.
Regards,
Philip