Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 19:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Chee K. Ojo, B.A." <w3d_info@iaw.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD, BSD and Linux

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Chee K. Ojo, B.A. wrote:

> What is the difference b/w FreeBSD, BSD and Linux. I would like to put a
> UNIX setup on my system, but have no idea which system is easier to
> setup, more powerful etc.

Ouch.  You've asked in FreeBSD Support, so you'll get an appropriately
biased reply.  :)

I personally like FreeBSD for:

1)  Rock-solid stability.
2)  Unified distribution structure.  (There is *one* FreeBSD, about 10
Linuxes [Slackware, redhat, etc....])
3)  The Ports & Packages collections.  I hate porting software, and these
systems make it too easy to just pick something, build, and install it
with a minumum of trouble.

Hope this helps.  Scan the mail archives at http://www.freebsd.org for
other biased replies.  :)