Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 15:07:32 -0700
From:      Jack Brown <jwbrown@mail.netshop.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to boot FreeBSD from a floppy.

I have two IDE hard drives and ZIP and Jazz drives connected to an
adaptec 2940 controller.

I want to install freeBSD on the Jazz drive and use
a floppy disk to boot to free BSD.

I had no problem doing this with Linux.

I do not want FreeBSD or anyone else mucking with the boot record
of my hard drive.

I can't find how to do this anywhere, I have read the docs, searched
www.freebsd.org, and searched the newsgroups with dejanews and all I
find is people with similar questions and no answers.

So... after I have installed to the Jazz drive, how to I make a floppy
that will boot to FreeBSD when I place the floppy in drive A: and turn
on my machine.

Or... is this too difficult for free bsd?

Should I just return my CD's to walnut creek?

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.