Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:14:16 +0200
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: altq on tun0: queueing works, prioritization not?

Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> This is definitely not what I would expect. Where is my error?

Oh well, I should have tried 'cbq' earlier. With the following settings
(renamed the queues)

altq on $ext_if cbq bandwidth 800Kb queue { q_pri, q_std }
queue q_pri priority 6 cbq(borrow)
queue q_std priority 1 cbq(default borrow)

I'm actually able to achieve some effect. The upload is capped at
70-80kB/s and the download will fluctuate between 580 and 750 kB/s.
Much better than the plain priority queuing.

As soon as I cut the upload, the download will jump back to
950-1000kB/s.

Is this discrepancy (pri vs. cbq) known?

Ulrich Spoerlein