Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 19:57:59 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        HAMADA Naoki <hamada@astec.co.jp>
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com, sbabkin@dcn.att.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3c905 driver status (was Re: NIC drivers)

First, the issues inre: the old '509 driver;

> >> I carefully looked through the source code to find a bug which results
> >> mbuf leaks. Could you try this patch?
> >
> >Have you guys gone any further on this one?  Is the patch OK, or broken?
>
> Sorry guys, this patch is wrong. ERR_RX_INCOMPLETE (which should be
> renamed to `RX_INCOMPLETE') is an indication of not an error but an
> incoming packet, so you must not remove the incoming packet.

OK.  Any other ideas?

Now, for the 905:

> NetBSD's ep driver seems to have some kluge for locking problems, but
> now I want to spend my time to support new 3C905B adapters...

It would be good if we could have a quick headcount of people working
on driver for these cards.  I know that Bill Paul is just about ready
to release, and there was at least one other individual that was
reputedly "just about ready to go into testing" or similar.

Can you folks pipe up and perhaps coordinate so that we end up with
just one (preferred) driver?