Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:09:13 -0700
From:      "Jack Velte" <jackv@earthling.net>
To:        <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Joey Garcia" <bear@pacificnet.net>
Subject:   Re: Classroom Advertising

removal of this copyright notice is prohibited.  revision
is prohibited.  if you find this of use, $200 cash or $500 zero
coupon bond (post dated check) is requested.  authorized firms $10k.
professional entities required.  trademarks implied.  redistribution
encouraged.*  resistance is futile. (c) beth landry 1998

>Joey Garcia said:
>After trying to sell the "Complete FreeBSD" book as the perfect book when
>begining to learn Unix to a few of my classmates, I then turned to the
>teacher and said that it would make a great classroom text book.  I told

did you call Walnut Creek CDROM and ask for distributor sales - Kelly Hall?
my email disappears into cdrom&HSTcom blackhole.  jackv earthling net.
get two free copies of the cheaper freebsd merchandise.  then you should
get 5% of the final sale price.  have them type your merchant id number --
make one up -- into the distributor sales place.  the tax saved is your
commission.  and for the downline coding required.

>her that the advantages of FreeBSD being free and coming with the book
>makes it a great way for students to get a hold of their own Unix operating
>system to learn at home from.  Also, I told her that the Complete FreeBSD
>book covered just about everything needed to setup a FreeBSD box.....from
>Installation, to setting up the Desktop, to setting up a network.

yes.  this is thirty to ninety sales per 6 months.  or so.  and more.  the
residuals could go on for a long time, maybe.  tell kelly hi and you should
get a
good discount, but you're going to phone your orders in to her, eh?  they
drop ship them.

>Next time I think I'm gonna bring the book to class and let her check it
>out for herself.  Imagine a school using FreeBSD as their text book?  That
>would rock!  Let's see if I can close the deal. :)

attaboy!  but, be warned, it might take six or nine months to close the
deal.  purchasing cycles sometimes take a long time.  i agree, the book and
OS would be a perfect teaching tool for any OS course.  you should get a
commission on any books sold in the book store, too, so you go over there
and make sure the products are displayed well and kept up to date.

-jack