Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 2010 03:08:08 -0500
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>, gerald@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.gcc.mk PREFIX or LOCALBASE?

>In bsd.gcc.mk there is:
>
>.   if ${_USE_GCC} != 3.4
>CFLAGS+=                -Wl,-rpath=${PREFIX}/lib/${_GCC_BUILD_DEPENDS}
>LDFLAGS+=               -Wl,-rpath=${PREFIX}/lib/${_GCC_BUILD_DEPENDS}
>.   endif
>
>However, I think this should be ${LOCALBASE} instead of ${PREFIX}.

I agree with you, and I meant to mention this to gerald@ earlier, but
I forgot.  The Ports system is not now well-equipped to deal with
LOCALBASE != PREFIX for a lot of software, and most people don't do
this, so the impact is limited, but it does break some test builds and
utilities, as you have seen.

b.