Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 12:22:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Ash Yadav <ash@fxsing.ml.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting MySQL to work on 2.2.5 rel.

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Ash Yadav wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get MySQL to work on 2.2.5 rel. I installed it from the
> cd-rom but when running thru the mysql_install_db script it bombs out due
> to missinf *.frm files in the data directory.

Yes, it works great.  I've never installed from CD and if
mysql_install_db is run from the install process that is
probably your problem.

Login as root and run mysql_install_db manually.  This
script *creates* the .frm files so you  aren't missing
anything.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com