Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 08:10:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Robert Myers <ccrider@whiterose.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Subject:   RE: adduser fully scripted, it's gotta be easy

On 15-Jan-01 Robert Myers wrote:
>> Can somebody point me at a page that shows how to script adduser
>> fully scripted?
>
> Len,
>
>       I'll bite.  What do you mean fully scripted?

As in 'completely run off a script w/o manual interaction', then the pw command
may help. I use it in a script to routinely create some 90 (short lived) lab
accounts. I also have a automatic password generator, and have it print out a
list of usernames and passwords. I then tear off the password and give to the
individual lab-groups.

> There is an adduser script, see the manpage adduser(8).  Other than that
> could you please clarify your request?
>
> Robert Myers
> Systems Administrator
> http://whiterose.net