Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2010 23:27:58 -0900
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Call for Testing] X.org 7.5 for FreeBSD

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Warren Block wrote:

> Lightly tested on an Acer notebook with Radeon X1250 graphics. xfce4
> with compositing works, GL screensavers work.  Thanks!

Yeap, works for me as well, but I did have some issues with other
apps.

system: fresh install of 8-STABLE on 3/12; amd64 with nVidia
binary blob drivers. linux compat not installed and using the
nVidia AGP connector.

xorg itself built flawlessly and xdm installed and worked fine at
the login screen. However, xfce4 would crash, after doing the "login"
animation, and coredump. Disabling xdm and using startx did the
same.

I had Composite enabled and a few other tweaks that are composite /
3d accel related in xorg.conf. After disabling this and rebooting I
was able to login into XFCE4. However, after re-enabling it and
rebooting I was still able to log into XFCE4. However, starting an
xterm would crash XFCE4. The XFCE4 terminal app worked fine, but
xterm would crash it. I disabled Composite again, rebooted, and
now xterm and everything else seems to work okay.

If anyone wants a copy of my xorg.conf or any other logs, let me
know.

Kudos though. I'm sure once the freeze is up it will all iron out.

Thanks.

henrik
--
Henrik Hudson