Date:      Wed, 13 May 2009 16:54:33 +0200
From:      Jose Garcia Juanino <jjuanino@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disabling ssh timeouts?

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

El mi=E9rcoles 13 de mayo a las 07:03:33 CEST, Steve Kargl escribi=F3:
> Is there anyway to disable sshd from timing out a connection?
> I've tried setting  ClientAliveCountMax and ClientAliveInterval
> and TCPKeepAlive in sshd.conf, but no combination that I've
> tried has worked.
>=20
> [ ... ]
>
> Running /usr/home/sgk/gcc/gcc4x/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/dg.exp ...
>=20
> Read from remote host troutmask.apl.washington.edu: Connection reset by p=
eer
> Connection to troutmask.apl.washington.edu closed.
>=20
> The only way I'v efound to complete a run of the GCC testsuite
> is to sit at the terminal and hit enter every so often.  Also
> note, nohup and backgrounding the job does not inhibit sshd
> dropping the connection and losing all testsuite results.

I have fixed that problems with ServerAliveInterval option. Give it a
try:

ssh -o "ServerAliveInterval 60" -l <user> <host>

(screen is a goog idea, as other people have pointed out, but sometimes
it is not posible to install programs on the server)

Best regards

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--