Date:      12 Nov 2002 14:56:02 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        David Schmidt <david.schmidt@submeta.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ximian evolution 1.2 - contacts

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 14:14, David Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed the brandnew version of evolution from the ports.
> Everything was fine to the point I tried to open my contacts. If I choose
> "contacts" in the panel nothing happens. In the context menu of e-mail
> addresses (in the mail section) there are all the data that belings to this
> contact. But I can't edit it or directly choose any contact.
> My OS is FreeBSD 4.7.
>
> Does anybody has the same problem? Is it a problem of the port or of ximian?
> Some ideas?

Are you seeing any messages on your console or in your
~/.xsession-errors or ~/.gnomerc-errors?  Have you tried logging out of
X, and doing:

# oaf-slay
# killall -m gconfd
# killall esd

And then restarting Evo?  My Contacts tab is working just fine in
1.2.0.  Admittedly, I had problems with this upgrade, and I ended up
removing my old preferences, and recreating things.

Joe