Date:      Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:30:32 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I can't fetch or compile cvsup port on AMD64 Dec. snapshot

eculp <eculp@encontacto.net> writes:

> I'm trying to compile cvsup on an AMD64 snapshot but has a problem
> downloading all the emz3 stuff.  Is there a precompiled AMD64 cvsup
> anywhere?  I have the idea that the tree is stale but I've updated
> using portsnap and unless I have misunderstood the manual, it is up to
> date.
>
> Any suggestions, I'm stuck as far as using cvsup for upgrading all
> else seems to be OK.

csup is in the base system, and is a more-or-less drop-in replacement
for cvsup -- *except* for the fact that it doesn't handle cvs trees
themselves.

If you are maintaining a local cvs tree, you will need cvsup.  I think
that updating just that one port's skeleton (and maybe the one for
cvsup also, though I don't think you'll need that) will be enough to
get cvsup running for your updates.  You can get that update directly
from the FTP server, or from CVS Web.  You can also get the package
directly; you'll need to specify the path (e.g., with PACKAGEROOT or
one of the other variables documented in the ports(7) manual) or fetch
it by hand.  I can't give the exact details because you didn't mention
the version you were running, but for example the latest RELENG_6
build is at
/ftp@ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-6-stable/net/cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_3.tbz

Good luck.