Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 10:57:20 +1100 (EST)
From:      Richard Lyon <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Lesstif

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Gary Kline wrote:

>   Just a note to the adventurous--and you don't have to be that
>   adventuresome.  Lesstif, v0.71 looks pretty interesting.  It's
>   fairly solid given it's alpha status.
>
>   It configures itself; you just type ./configure; then
>   make install, and set up your .xsession to fire off ``mwm&''
>   rather than your current window manager.

Hi,

Have you been able to get the static libraries compiled? I need to switch
over to static libs for debugging mwm. Yesterday I managed to get mwm to
do a core dump on one of my own motif apps.

The dynamic libs compiled ok, but the when I try and make the static
versions some of the linking for clients fails.

There was another current snapshot release about 2 days after 0.71.

The documentation project does seem to be lagging a bit. Most people
won't want to buy the OSF documentation set.

Regards Richard ...