Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:12:58 -0600
From:      Kevin_Weiss/AUS/Lotus@lotus.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make install problem

ok...I mounted and did pkg_add  on the ports directory.  All these files
got ported (even the Chinese software...hee...hee...I don't know Mandarin).

Then, I tried this:
# cd /usr/ports
#make -DBATCH install    (to install all ports without that don't need my input)

Now I get a "try to port manually to /disfiles...Error 1 - Stop..." after a
couple
of seconds.

Ok...so I'm looking through the handbook and I see
DISTDIR=/where/you/put/it make install

does this mean I have to type the location of EVERY one of those apps...

PS - Where is GIMP located? on the 3rd CD?