Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:59:33 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
Subject:   Re: ACPI Suspend -> /dev/ums0 dead

El Martes, 12 de Octubre de 2004 13:24, Jochen Gensch escribi=F3:
> Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> > There isn't mouse 'mux' support in FreeBSD's moused.  You can use
> > only one.
>
> Sure that is true? I am using both at this moment on the console, so
> no X is runnig. Both with moused. I can activate usb mouse by moused
> -p /dev/ums0 and trackpoint by moused  -p /dev/psm0. Usbd is running,
> too by the way.

I think so.

There's only one /dev/sysmouse that must be gerenated by just one moused=20
process.

If you have in /etc/rc.conf:
moused_enable=3D"YES"
usbd_enable=3D"YES"

You will have two moused processes and all sort of extrange behavior. =20
But it may works.

Maybe your BIOS can make the usb and the trackpad 'mux'.  In that case,=20
you must edit your /etc/usbd.conf and comment out the device 'mouse'

You may also try and specific resume in /etc/rc.resume:
/usr/bin/killall moused
[ -c /dev/psm0 ] && /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/psm0 \
 -I /var/run/moused.pid
[ -c /dev/ums0 ] && /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/ums0 \=20
 -I /var/run/moused.ums0.pid
/usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on

See also the comments in /etc/rc.suspend, /etc/rc.resume about uhci. =20
You may need a kernel without usb to make this work.  Also, load your=20
required usb modules from /etc/loader.conf

> I figured out, that ums0 isn't the problem here, it just takes 2-3
> seconds and it is there after resuming. I didn't know what device is
> carrying what mouse. So the problem is /dev/psm0. The trackpoint is
> dead after resuming, even though I entered a moused -p /dev/psm0 in
> /etc/rc.resume. This doesn't seem to be executed. Is that the correct
> place to set commands after resume?
>
> Jochen

=2D-
  josemi