Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:55:30 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nelis@8ball.co.za>
To:        Edd <list@arameus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Periodic configuration

--=-TkZzWD5obZv5Og2GJwEf

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 10:45, Edd wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to cut down on the amount of mail I recieve in my root
> mailbox. I kno this could be done by turning off the periodic tasks. I
> am happy to tuen off the status daily, but would still like to recieve
> the security mail ONLY when something is out of the norm. I have looked
> at making a periodic.conf, but dont really know how to go about this.
> Can anyone help?

Hi!

Copy the periodic.conf file from your /etc/defaults directory to /etc
and then edit to your liking. You can also turn off the default to mail
the output and have it log to a file instead.

eg. daily_output=3D"/var/log/daily.log"

Cheers,
--=20
Nelis Lamprecht
PGP: http://www.8ball.co.za/pgpkey/nelis.asc
"Unix IS user friendly.. It's just selective about who its friends are."

--=-TkZzWD5obZv5Og2GJwEf

--=-TkZzWD5obZv5Og2GJwEf--