Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 1995 13:15:48 +1100 (EST)
From:      System Administrator <root@ida.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installing a new hard drive

Hi...

I have recently physically installed a new 850 MB hard disk on my computer,
but I am unable to format the disk, label it using disklabel, or write
a new file system onto the disk.

I need to get the disk going asap as my other disk has VERY limited space
left on it.

How should I -
	format the disk - what utility
	partition the disk (I only want 1 partition if possible)
	mount the disk on the correct file system ( I want to use /opt)

I have posted to the news group, I have looked through all the FAQ files,
and I am still unsure as to how to precisely go about this task.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Drew
----

Andrew Heath		Internet Directory Australia	    drew@ida.com.au
			   http://www.ida.com.au/
Phone 0419335398 Fax 0394893346     PO Box 1003 Fitzroy North Vic Aust 3068
                        Offering Australia the World